0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Woman caught smuggling 1.5kg of cocaine in her DREADLOCKS on flight to Bangkok

Woman caught smuggling 1.5kg of cocaine in her DREADLOCKS on flight to Bangkok
    • The smuggled cocaine had a street value of £93,000
    • Nolubabalo, 23, was hired as a drug mule for £1,200
    • Judges in Thailand can impose the death penalty for drug traffickers

By STEWART MACLEAN, 12:13 PM on 13th December 2011

A woman was caught trying to smuggle 1.5 kilograms of cocaine in her dreadlocks on a flight to Bangkok, it was reported today.

South African Nobanda Nolubabalo, 23, was arrested and held in Thailand's capital yesterday after customs officers allegedly noticed a suspicious white substance in her hair.

Officials later carried out a search and discovered she had allegedly matted the Class A drug into her dreadlocks before boarding a flight from Brazil.

Arrested: South African Nobanda Nolubabalo held at customs in Bangkok as police check her dreadlocks

Thailand's Bangkok Post reported that the smuggled cocaine had a street value of £93,000 (4.5 million baht).
    The newspaper reported: 'Authorities found something unusual about her dreadlocks.

'A search found traces of white substance which turned out to be cocaine.

'A total of 1.5kg of cocaine was found hidden in her hair.'

Nolubabalo was today being held in custody after being held at Bangkok's international Suvarnabhumi Airport as she disembarked a Qatar Airways flight which had come from Sao Paolo via Doha.

Testing: Officials carried out a search and discovered she had allegedly matted the Class A drug into her dreadlocks

The evidence: Officials laid the cocaine matted dreadlocks on a table in Bangkok customs for testing

The Bangkok Post reported that the suspect had allegedly admitted trying to smuggle the drug and claimed she had done so after being hired to work as a drug mule by a Thailand-based businessman for £1,200 (60,000 baht).

Thailand has some of the toughest anti-drugs laws on the planet, with judges permitted to impose the death penalty for traffickers.

The South African's arrest follows the execution of another South African citizen this week for drug smuggling in China.
    Janice Linden, 38, was killed by lethal injection on Monday after she was caught in November 2008 trying to smuggle 3kg of crystal meth into the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou.

South Africa's president Jacob Zuma appealed unsuccessfully to the Chinese government to commute the sentence before she was put to death in prison.

Tough law: Thailand has some of the toughest anti-drugs laws on the planet, with judges permitted to impose the death penalty for traffickers

Drug mule: The South African woman was only paid £1,200 to smuggle the cocaine, which had a street value of £93,000

Default Re: Woman caught smuggling 1.5kg of cocaine in her DREADLOCKS on flight to Bangkok

Put her to death ASAP & have done with it.

Default Re: Woman caught smuggling 1.5kg of cocaine in her DREADLOCKS on flight to Bangkok

Two African Counterfeiters Arrested In Pattaya

Pattaya police arrested two suspects, money forgers: Mr. Musa Abdallah age 22, Libyan citizen and Mr. Amala Covele age 19, Angolan national, together with various equipment for making fake banknotes: two big suitcases, one safe and counterfeiting equipment: paper, chemicals, and powder. The police detained the two suspects.

At the police station, Mr. Supoj Kitporka age 29, from Kalapo road, Anauroo, Pattanee province, the owner of a hotel in Pattaya said that he was persuaded by the two foreigners Mr. Musa Abdallah and Mr. Amala Covele to strike a deal but was cheated out of more than 2.8 million THB in return for counterfeit banknotes.
    Burn these two as well.

Don't know Dreadlocks can be of such use

I hope they execute the dumb bitch.

China just executed a flatnose from South Africa, carrying a few kg of methamphetamine.

Faith is a gift I have yet to receive.

A story: A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war.
    Afterward, he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle.
    But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

و علمتم ما أعلم لضحكتم قليلا ولبكيتم كثيرا

16-year hell in a Thai jail

Former Miss South Africa finalist Vanessa Goosen is seeing a psychologist to help her deal with recurring nightmares and flashbacks of the hell she endured for 16 years in a Thai jail for drug smuggling.

One year after her release, Goosen used her experience to describe the the trauma of Nolubabalo Nobanda, who was arrested at a Bangkok airport this week for allegedly carrying 1.5kg of cocaine in her dreadlocks.

Goosen, 38, who now lives in Johannesburg, maintained her innocence throughout. She pleaded guilty two years after she was arrested to escape the death penalty and encouraged Nobanda to do the same.

“I am alive today because, as much as it pained me, I pleaded guilty. But the wake-up call was the execution of another prisoner in 1996 after she refused to plead guilty. She was killed by a firing squad. That terrified me.

“It convinced me to admit to a crime I did not do. I was framed, but it was the only way to escape possible execution.”

Goosen was pregnant when she was arrested on April 17, 1994, at the Bangkok airport with 2.7kg of heroin hidden in hollowed-out books in her luggage. She said she was framed by the father of her child, who was born in Lard Yao Prison and fostered by a school friend in Johannesburg.

Goosen’s sentence of 35 years was reduced to 30 in 1997, when the Thai king, in celebration of 50 years on the throne, granted all Thai prisoners a five-year reduction. The sentence was later reduced to 25 years.

“Nolubabalo will have a tough time. No-one speaks English. The police and the warders only speak their mother tongue. This is terrifying because you cannot understand anything.

“She will be taken to the local police station where new prisoners are kept in a filthy, dark basement for up to seven days. There is no mattress or pillows, just the cold floors. Most times the food is contaminated.”

Goosen claimed the policemen were also very forward and loved “touching women prisoners”.

“At court the language barrier is also a problem. I signed stacks of paperwork that was in Siamese. I could not understand a word.”

Prisoners were then taken to the prison where “the real hell starts”.

“You are stripped naked. Violated in every possible way as a doctor, assisted by prisoners, search your entire body for drugs. All your possessions are taken away. All you are left with is a prison uniform.”

Nobanda would have to pay for food, toiletries and water.

“Nothing is free. If you don’t have money, you starve. I hope Nolubabalo gets cash from her family.”

“Our government does not have a prisoner transfer treaty with countries like Thailand and China. Their hands are also tied because the offenders are tried by the laws of the country they are arrested in.”

Goosen said new prisoners found it hard to adjust and suffered severe mental torture at the hands of the authorities and veteran prisoners.

“It’s one year since I am home. But, I am still adjusting to normal life. I had to get used to using a cellphone and other technology.

Moody, emotional and angry, that is how Goosen feels most days.

“In August I suffered a breakdown and had to seek professional help. I have nightmares and flashbacks about my 16 years of hell. I wish I could wave a magic wand and erase all the pain and hurt from my mind.”

According to the Department of International Relations and Co-operation, 619 South Africans are in prisons abroad for drug smuggling. Twelve are in Thailand prisons.

She said Nobanda’s arrest and the execution of Janice Linden in China had made her determined to talk about her ordeal.

“People judge. But some of us are innocent. We were either set up, ignorant of what was really happening or just did it for the money. Whatever the case, I want to caution youngsters not to fall for promises of exotic holidays and cash bonuses.

“The risk is not worth it. ”
    Attached Images Attached Images
       Only the registered members can see the attachment. Register here.
    A reporter is a man who has renounced everything in life but the world, the flesh, and the Devil

reminds me of Carry coals to Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter  Only the registered members can see the link. Register here.
    16-year hell in a Thai jail
    Former Miss South Africa finalist Vanessa Goosen is seeing a psychologist to help her deal with recurring nightmares and flashbacks of the hell she endured for 16 years in a Thai jail for drug smuggling ...

Thread Information