+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Food Shark Fin Soup... Bangkok

I love eating shark fin soup, never get tire of it.

This restaurant is located on 218/3 Siam Square 1/Thanon Rama 1, Pathum Wan, Bangkok...

This meal without the Bird's nest cost about TB 1140...O.K. deal, not too pricey.

But I want a combination meal like: Shark Fin Soup served w/rice, Abalone and Bird's nest for dessert

Anybody has idea of any other good restaurant suggestion where you might have experienced before.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tonywoo; 29-05-12 at 09:15.

Super User

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks

Achievements

Default Re: Shark Fin Soup... Bangkok

try Ah Yat

quality food at slightly high prices

they also serve dim sum

Edit

http://www.ramadaplazamenamriverside.com/restaurants-and-bars/ah-yat-abalone
    Last edited by sulasno; 29-05-12 at 08:52.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

with

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sulasno For This Useful Post:

tonywoo (29-05-12)

Ah Yat is little out of my way. But I will make an effort to check it out. Thanks!!!

Retired Redneck

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks

Achievements

Shark fin soup should be avoided as many species of sharks are becoming endangered and they are a necessary element in the marine ecosystem.

I'm not a die hard conservationist but I make this statement as a 25 year scuba veteran and avid underwater photographer, and I personally watched the shark population decline to the point where you had to be lucky to even ever see one in most tropical waters. And no, before you ask, they are not dangerous to divers unless you are involved in the stupid activity of baiting or feeding them (or grab them by the tail. I actually knew of someone stupid enough to do this and he got a quick warning bite before the shark swam away!)

Trying to be a better man

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks

Achievements

let's look at it from a different direction.

Only the registered members can see the link. Register here.
    >>>>
    <<<<

FYI Re: Shark Fin Soup... Bangkok

anybody has idea of any other good restaurant suggestion where you might have experienced before.
    For Shark Fins, you can try those restaurants at Yaowarat (Chinatown hotel stretch). Good and cheap but also if you're keen, they have a famous (just look at the guests photos on their wall) expensive one, Scala.

But for me, there is no need for fancy restaurants in town or Yaowarat, cheaper ones are just as good quality.

For Bird Nest, the best have to be the one just 2-3 shops just before White Orchid Hotel. B100 for normal nest (picture below) and B150 for Red nest.

Before and After Pic 555
    Attached Images

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phallus For This Useful Post:

tonywoo (30-05-12)

Registered Users

Thanks

Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by tonywoo  Only the registered members can see the link. Register here.
    I love eating shark fin soup, never get tire of it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkong For This Useful Post:

hhfarang (31-05-12)

Food Re: Shark Fin Soup... Bangkok

@ tonywoo, I tried dig my photo archives .... and this the place I mentioned on #6 where they serve pretty good Bird Nests. Their Shark Fin Soup is also not too bad, very generous on the Shark Fin and Crab Meat. They don't serve other seafood though, at most they only have fried rice (delicious) and noodles. But overall, a nice eat and cheap.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phallus For This Useful Post:

tonywoo (31-05-12)

Food Re: Shark Fin Soup... Bangkok

Brought some clients up to Yaowarat a fortnight back, have my usual craze of Shark Fin Soup and wash my mouth with Bird Nests

Attached Images

14. The Following User Says Thank You to phallus For This Useful Post:

tonywoo (04-07-12)

^Bro Phallus,

Great stuffs! I love it...Thanks!!!

Thread Information